Sunday, September 4, 2016

English Lit

I recently began taking English Lit since 1800. Honestly I wasn't that thrilled after taking English Lit to 1800. I was not a fan of the early English literature. Not only was it difficult to understand but I was not a fan of the content. After 2 weeks of class I enjoy the content of English Lit since 1800. I can recall reading "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner as a senior in high school and I felt a since of relief when I saw it was on the reading list for my new class. As a senior in high school I found out that Iron Maiden performed an interpretation of the poem so I went and bought the cd. This time I simply pulled up a live concert of the song. Technology sure has changed! Also on my reading list for next week is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I first read an adaptation of this novel in 2nd grade. I also read Phantom of the Opera and Dracula. My 2nd grade teacher told my parents she was concerned because all I read were horror novels. They may be horror but they are some of the most famous works of literature. I'm excited to read Frankenstein. I'll also watch the movie that Robert De Niro starred in. I've never seen that one. I'm not sure that it could compare to the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment